white chicken chili & grilled cheese

ok mmm mmm mmm....I love soup & sandwiches. this is my favorite soup recipe too!

YUMMY GRILLED CHEESE & WHITE CHICKEN CHILI RECIPE


I was kind of playing russian roulette with my soup. I was adding ingredients being clueless to whether it would destroy my soup or give it a delicious taste, and this time, luck was on my side.

white chicken chili: (serves a family of 4)


  • 2 cans chicken broth 
  • 2 can navy beans
  • 1 can large butter beans 
  • chopped onion to taste 
  • chopped celery to taste 
  • 1-2 chicken breasts (depending on how much you like) 
  • basil, pepper & italian seasoning to taste
  • 1 baked potato

(I had some extra cooked carrot I added in the pictures--but I don't always add carrots, in fact I probably like it better without)

1. you want to add one can chicken broth, 2 cans water, and the 1-2 chicken breasts into a crock pot or slow cooker on medium to high heat for 4-6 hours. This will make the chicken shred really easily and stay moist. I have added a little celery at this point too, especially if I know I have a lot extra.

2. when the chicken has only about an hour left, preheat the oven to 400 degrees, place one baked potato in the oven to cook for one hour.

2. once the chicken is done and shredded, you can add 1 can chicken broth, and 2 cans water (sometimes I even more water-- it's supposed to be fairly light) into a large stock pot over the stove on low-medium heat. chop the messy baked potato and place it into the soup. begin to mash the baked potato into the broth so that it turns a little creamy, or at least not a clear broth anymore.

3. add the chicken, navy beans, large butter beans, chopped onion, chopped celery and stir, basil, pepper, & italian seasoning into the soup. stir. let simmer on low-medium heat for 10 minutes. serve and enjoy!

GRILLED CHEESE:



this grilled cheese was made with french bread and sharp cheddar cheese. I often add a little italian seasoning into the sandwich as well. so yummy! I cooked this one on the stove top. butter both sides of bread then lay down the sandwich the butter should be facing the pan, and facing up on the other side. Never put it on high heat (it will burn!). Sometimes perfecting the grilled cheese on the stove top just takes a little practice. I also love my sandwich maker, its' a little more fool proof. :)

link parties
my simple home life
whipper berry

AddThis